£55k per year + Pro Rata
over 1 year ago
Harris Hill are recruiting for a Part Time Chief Finance Officer for this well-established membership body based in London
Position: Chief Finance Officer
Days: 2.5 days a week
Location: Working from home during the Pandemic
Salary: 55,000pa Pro Rata
- You will develop and oversee financial systems and capabilities to enable effective delivery in line with the Charities purpose, vision, values and strategic priorities.
- To provide leadership and management for the staff team.
- To support the Chief Executive in providing assurance to the trustees through regular financial reports.
- To support the Chief Executive in the development and maintenance of sound financial planning and management.
- Leadership and business development
- Lead the preparation and development of monthly Management Accounts
- Lead on budgeting and forecasting processes for the charity
- Oversee the production of year end charity financial statements and act as the main point of contact for external auditors
- To support the Chief Executive to ensure that the charity complies with its financial and regulatory obligations as a charity.
- Oversee the recording of all financial transactions in the accounts software package, including payment of suppliers and beneficiaries, banking of monies received, invoicing, control of petty cash and all other book-keeping functions
- Oversee payroll and pension processing
- Oversee VAT processes and returns to HMRC
- Prepare reports for the Chief Executive, Trustees and relevant external authorities.
- Lead day to day management of the investment portfolios, and coordinate performance reporting from investment managers
- Responsibility of ensuring the finance procedures manual is kept up to date with any new/amended processing procedures and in line with the
Financial Management Policy
- To support the Chief Executive in overseeing risk management in relation to financial activities.
- Qualified Accountant (CIPFA, ACCA, ACA or CIMA).
- Substantial practical experience of accountancy and financial management systems, ideally within a charity/not for profit organisation.
- Experience of managing, motivating and developing staff.
- Knowledge of management accounting and production of management accounts.
- Experience in budgetary control
- Experience with HMRC returns (Payroll and VAT returns)
- Experience of quarterly procedures and reporting
- Experience of preparing SORP-compliant annual charity financial statements
- Experience of presenting financial information to Finance Committees/Trustees.
- Experience of managing relationships with professional advisers or contractors
Skills and knowledge
- Strong leadership, management and motivational skills.
- Highly organised and personally effective; able to manage a significant workload and prioritise.
- Proven ability to work in a team across the organisation
- Interpersonal and communication skills to present financial issues lucidly to Trustees and other staff, in order to achieve smooth and well-informed decision-making
- Excellent analytical skills and success in working accurately to tight deadlines
- Fully computer literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office and computerised accounting systems such as Sage
- Reliability and integrity, together with an enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Previous experience of computerised document management systems is preferred.