£56k per year + Pro Rata
020 7820 7311
5 months ago
Harris Hill is recruiting for a Part Time Head of Finance for this well-established NHS Charity based in North London.
You will be the most senior finance person in the charity, working closely with the Chief Executive and Senior Management Team.
The role is responsible for all aspects of financial and management accounting for the Charity. To lead on the day-to-day running of the finance function, including the maintenance of the accounting records and the efficient and timely provision of financial information for the Charity Trustees, CEO, Fund Advisors and Auditors.
- Days a week: The position is working on a 3 day a week basis with at least 2 days a week based at the offices in North London
- Salary range: 56,000pa FTE - 3 days a week
To have responsibility for all aspects of financial and management accounting for the Charity. To lead on the day to day running of the finance function, including the maintenance of the accounting records and the efficient and timely provision of financial information for the Charity Trustees, CEO, Fund Advisors and Auditors.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the production of the monthly and quarterly management accounts, including analysis of income and expenses against prior year and budget, providing explanations and solutions to help mitigate risks.
- Provide a rolling cash flow forecast to both the CEO and Trustees
- Present the quarterly management accounts at the Finance and Audit Committee
Statutory accounting and financial statements
- Lead and manage the production of the statutory audited accounts (SORP) for the Charity in collaboration with the Charity's Auditors.
- Ensure the Charity's Annual Return is completed, fully compliant and submitted to the Charity Commission.
- Lead the annual budget process working alongside the CEO.
- Work with budget holders to review performance against budget and ensure the Charity is operating within the agreed budget.
- Investigating variances with budget holders and analysing potential problems. Making appropriate recommendations and advising of the impact on the Charity.
- Provide overall management of the grant process and applications for charitable funding from within the NHS Trust.
- Lead in the continual improvement of the grant-making policy and practice within the Charity.
- Provide quarterly succinct reports on grant-making for both the CEO and Trustees
Internal control environment
- Manage the Charity's overall risk register (finance as well as operational risks)
- Key involvement in improving controls and processes.
- Identify and investigate risks.
- Manage all payroll and PAYE matters with the outsourced provider.
- To ensure that effective processes, procedures and controls are in place and followed to ensure that the Charity consistently complies with PAYE regulations and timelines.
- Implementation of new systems solutions, and upgrades of the current finance applications.
- Work in close partnership with the CEO and jointly deputise with the Head of Fundraising when required. Communicate effectively in all financial matters and actively contribute to the work of the senior leadership team
- Strategic understanding of Charity operations