£50k - 60k per year
020 7820 7311
9 months ago
Harris Hill is recruiting for a Part Time Head of Finance for this community-based charity based in Greenford, Middlesex.
- Reports to: CEO
- Days: 3 days a week or 24 hours with flexibility
- Flexible working: Minimum 1 day a week based at the offices in Greenford, Middlesex
- Line Management: Responsible for the management of the Finance Officer and other members of the finance and payroll team as required.
- Type of position: A Strategic thinker is required, with good a hands-on technical ability.
- Salary: to £60,000pa Pro Rata
- Interviews are available w/c 4th October, so apply now.
Summary of role
You will be a qualified accountant who is driven and well organised, with a proven track record in delivering hands-on, high quality, financial and management reports. You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, experience of line management and an ability to look forward and think strategically in a business context will be essential. This will be an excellent opportunity for an individual to join an organisation where you can make a difference, whilst enhancing your own skills.
Skills and Experience
- Professional accountancy qualification
- Commercial accounting experience, ideally at manager level
- Extensive VAT knowledge and experience
- Good Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel
- Extensive knowledge of general regulatory frameworks including VAT, HMRC, payroll, and other aspects commensurate with the role.
- Line management experience
- Extensive knowledge of the relevant SORPS
- Knowledge and experience of preparing charity annual statutory accounts and management of the annual audit.
- Preparation and submission of relevant Charity Commission, Companies House and HMRC returns, including contributing to the preparation of the Annual Report.
- Preparation of cash flow forecasts
- Preparation of annual budgets
- Familiarity with Sage accounting package
- Payroll knowledge/experience
- Technical financial systems experience, including report writing.