£47.5k - 52k per year + Pro Rata
020 7820 7311
about 2 months ago
Harris Hill is recruiting for a Part Time Head of Finance for this disabilities charity based near Milton Keynes (Hybrid)
- Hybrid Working: 1 day a week would be required at their offices based near Milton Keynes
- Days Per Week: 4 days a week position
- Hours: Flexible Working
- Salary: £47,000pa - £52,000pa FTE.
- Management: 1 Finance Administrator and Externally Outsourced Company
You will work directly to the Chief Executive as a key member of the senior management team. The postholder will take responsibility for strategic financial planning and for ensuring that the charity has robust financial management and oversight at all levels of the operation.
As a member of the senior management team, you will be an integral part of helping the charity to deliver its strategy. You will head the finance team and lead our annual financial budgeting process, ensuring that adequate processes are in place to deliver resources effectively and monitor financial matters at all levels of the organisation. You will be a point of contact for auditors, banks, HMRC, companies house, charity commission, payroll and pension providers.
Operationally, you will have responsibility for line managing the finance administrator (p/t) as well as managing our book-keeping, payroll (using an external payroll provider), managing regular reconciliations, producing regular management accounts as well as financial accounts to meet our statutory responsibilities, maintaining oversight of contracts and partnership agreements, developing a treasury policy and managing cash and investments - and providing support to all teams where your expertise is needed.
- Oversight of financial systems and processes including but not limited to the production of relevant financial reports and maintaining up to date policies and procedures.
- Lead the annual budgeting process in consultation with the CEO preparing quarterly and half yearly updates as required.
- Preparation of monthly or quarterly management accounts and cash flow forecasts for the CEO and Board.
- Preparation of the annual year-end financial statements and liaison with auditors.
- Effective day to day control of accounting function including payroll, cash-flow management, invoicing and debt management.
- Devise and implement a treasury management and investment policy to ensure the optimal utilisation of financial resources.
- Assist budget holders in understanding their management accounts and provide training where necessary.
- Review the benefits of integration of the finance systems with the CRM system (Salesforce).
- Management of Gift Aid claims.
- Manage and supervise the duties of the Finance Administrator.
- Liaise with external auditors, insurance brokers, HMRC, bankers etc