£29k - 38k per year
020 7820 7310
almost 2 years ago
Harris Hill are extremely proud to be working alongside an international faith based charity who are looking for someone sharp and organised to be their new Payroll and Reconciliations Administrator. This is a temp to perm role (6 months)
Main Purpose of the Payroll and Reconciliations Administrator
You will be responsible for the maintenance and administration of the payroll and the payroll for more than 200 staff. You will be required to prepare and maintain the Balance Sheet reconciliations for an International charity and take responsibility for Special Projects.
We are looking for someone who has three to five years plus experience of running a multi-company payroll system (ideally using SAGE 50).
There is not an occupational requirement for you to be a Christian, however you will need to be in sympathy with the aims and objectives of this Faith Based Charity.
You will be responsible to:
- maintain the payroll.
- carry out any changes to the monthly payrolls
- receive email alerts from HMRC and access HMRC website to make changes to tax codes, student loan deductions, etc.
- print all reports and pay advices.
- prepare the salaries and allowances BACS submissions.
- envelope and distribute pay advices.
- prepare letters and schedules for Pension Fund Manager
- prepare and reconcile monthly costings for payroll using accounting software.
- reconcile HMRC monthly payment of PAYE and National Insurance contributions (NICs) and arrange payment of funds to HMRC.
- oversee administration of Child Care vouchers
- carry out a payroll induction for new employees.
- advise new employees and officers of the procedures relating to PAYE and NICs
- assist 'leavers' in the completion of forms and P45 documents.
- liaise with all employees and officers as required, assisting with all matters relating to PAYE taxation and when necessary assist officers and employees in their contact with HMRC.
- maintain the filing system of all documents relating to payroll
- maintain an up to date schedule of season tickets for employees.
- carry out HMRC Year End processes
- produce Statements of Earnings for USA / Canadian Nationals for their home country tax returns.
- complete government forms as required.
- You will be responsible to:
- complete balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- investigate and follow up on any outstanding reconciling items with the Chief Accountant and Accountants for Payables and Receivables.
- act as the Employer Representative on Pension Fund Boards.
- take responsibility for Special Projects.
- work as part of the Accounts section to ensure that the overall aims and objectives are achieved.
Skills and Knowledge
- User of Microsoft Office (especially Excel & Word).
- General knowledge of Payroll processes and procedures.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
It would also help if you have:-
a working knowledge of Lotus Notes.
a working knowledge of Sage 50 payroll software.
experience of running monthly payrolls.
exposure to the use of accounting and payroll software.
This payroll role is Temp to Perm (6 months).