£33k per year
6 months ago
Harris Hill are excited to be working in partnership with a Male Cancer Charity to recruit an Information Manager focused on Penile Cancer for Scotland. This organisation is dedicated to providing support and information to anyone affected by male cancer, in particular prostate, testicular and penile cancer.
One of the the conditions that they are very keen to raise awareness of is Penile Cancer which can be a devastating condition when diagnosed. For some reason there is a particularly high incidence rate in Scotland and for that reason this charity want to recruit an Information Manager to raise awareness and provide support to any that may be affected.
The organisation have secured funding to deliver a Penile Cancer information programme in Scotland and this role is crucial to the development and delivery of the programme. The successful candidate will be required to deliver a community outreach programme to raise awareness and to build relationships with health and social care professionals, educators, employers and community networks.
The candidate will be required to work closely with the charities specialist Penile Cancer Information Nurses and provide specialist training and support to healthcare professionals to improve awareness of potential signs and symptoms of the disease.
The role will be a home based position so there is genuine flexibility on the candidates location, however there will be a requirement for frequent engagement with stakeholders in Glasgow and Edinburgh so potential candidates within the Central Belt of Scotland would have an advantage.
For this role we need a candidate that has the following experience and skills
- Previous experience of setting up or leading a support service and proving specialist information
- Previous experience of working within a healthcare environment and with experience of providing specialist information, support and advice would be highly advantageous
- Knowledge or experience of working within a cancer related or male sexual health environment would be highly advantageous
- The role requires a candidate who is a pro-active self starter and can work with limited supervision.
- The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to engage individuals, families as well as healthcare professionals, politicians and the media
- The successful candidate will have excellent project management skills with the ability to work closely with stakeholders from other relevant external organisations
This a role is a part time position for 22.5 hours per week and is initially on a fixed term basis for 18 months.
For any candidates that feel they have the right level of experience and skills please forward your details to email@example.com or call 07388 949510