£30k - 32k per year
020 7820 7305
5 days ago
Harris Hill are delighted to be supporting a leading national charity in their search for a Press and PR Officer.
This impactful organisation has an impressive PR function, and as Press and PR Officer you will provide critical support in helping the charity to significantly build profile right across its work including its fundraising, research and health, policy and campaigning, and public health awareness activity, and its life-changing support services.
In order to do this you will:
- Lead on some aspects of day-to-day PR planning, delivery and evaluation for activity profiling the charity’s fundraising, research, policy and campaigns work and support services, to deliver impactful results
- Support the media team at all levels to identify and seize reactive profile-building opportunities positioning them as leading experts and thought leaders in the field
- Develop and nurture strong, trusted working relationships with key journalists across national and regional UK media to grow understanding and support for the charity
- Interview case studies and pitch their stories to media to promote the charity’s work and champion the needs of the breast cancer community
- Initiate and create compelling content (e.g. press releases, statements, pitches) to engage target audiences with the charity through it’s media coverage
The impactful charity have invested £255 million in breast cancer research and currently fund around 80 cutting-edge projects across the UK and Europe, discovering how to prevent, save lives and live well with breast cancer. They are that trusted friend that people affected by breast cancer turn to for caring support when they need it most. The expert authority on breast cancer research who is making breakthroughs and driving forward progress. And a vehicle for change, acting now to make sure anyone affected by breast cancer gets the best possible treatment and care.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Experience of working in a press office, PR agency or media/news environment
- An excellent working knowledge of the UK’s national, consumer and trade media
- Strong and creative written and verbal communications skills
- A creative approach to bringing stories to life and a good news sense
Location – London (Hybrid working style)
Contract - Permanent
Salary - £30,000 - £32,000
To find out more please email a copy of your CV to Harriett.Stevens@harrishill.co.uk or call 02078207305. This role will firmly close on Friday 20th May at 8.00am. Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Harris Hill Charity Recruitment Specialists operates an equal opportunity policy and commits to treating all of our candidates and jobseekers fairly. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.