£38,553 - 42,614 per year
020 7820 7320
2 months ago
JOB TITLE: Programme & Quality Manager
REPORTS TO: Head of Independent Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children Support Service
SALARY: £38,553 - £42,614 (plus £3,778 London weighting where applicable)
The Programme and Quality Manager is responsible for contract delivery and quality assurances for the National Advice Line and the North East, North West, Yorkshire and the Humber and West Midlands regions.
The National Advice Line team is responsible for answering all calls from unaccompanied children anywhere in England during prescribed hours, Monday to Friday, and providing support and advice. This team will also respond to calls from other professionals working with unaccompanied children.
The regional teams provide advice and support in usual working hours (and exceptionally outside these hours) to children across these areas, either remotely or in person and provide advice to other professionals who are caring for the children. They also act as the responsible adult for children in asylum interviews on request. The Programme and Quality Manager will work closely with the Programme Manager who has similar duties in respect of the other parts of the country.
- Experience of providing advice to children and young people and a record of good working practices with regards to the clients
- Experience of managing in a busy service, over a significant geographical area which provides direct services to vulnerable clients.
- Track record of establishing appropriate partnerships, networks and sharing information appropriately.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multi-cultural team and able to train colleagues from different background.
- Robust understanding of UK asylum and welfare legislation affecting separated children, for example Children Act (1989), Children (Leaving Care) Act 2000, and Sexual Offences Act (2003).
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, sufficient to influence and present on key issues, develop policies and procedures, and report to statutory bodies.
- Ability to assess operational needs and to develop and implement services to meet that need, in line with contractual requirements.
CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis by the client