£42,453 per year
020 7820 7320
5 months ago
An international charity are looking for a Programme Development Manager- West Africa Region.This is a regional role responsible for growing institutional funding portfolio in West Africa region, and supporting the country programme to ensure strong contract management on their funds from the Charity Partners and institutional donors. The post holder will work closely with Country Directors to initiate new donor engagements and sustain relationships with current donors; to coordinate development of funding applications; and provide support in ensuring compliance with donors' and regulations. The postholder will be will be expected to travel regularly throughout the West Africa region. Please note this role is a FTC for 12 months.
- Actively identify and assess new opportunities by conducting in-depth donor and industry scans.
- Develop high quality programme and projects in West Africa country offices in line with regional and country strategy
- Develop and share competitive intelligence analysis and support country offices in deciding on consortia formulation or joint programme funding opportunities
- Coordinate with regional offices in maintaining best practices in donor relations/engagement, sharing donor intelligence and updates regularly.
- Review and provide guidance on proposals to ensure high quality standards and adherence of donor requirements.
- Contribute to each country office's strategy and annual business plan development processes.
- Develop staff in writing high quality proposals to illustrate the prospective institutional donors of the impact and value for money.
- Provide ongoing guidance on donor policy and focus and identify institutional funding prospects beyond traditional donors.
- Ensure country team and partner organisations included in funding applications are aware of donor requirements and advice on appropriate systems that may be required to ensure compliance.
- Provide technical oversight to country programme teams in relation to bilateral donors' specific compliance requirements
- Build the capacity of country teams on programme development, proposal writing and monitoring and evaluation.
- Strengthen regional programme funding strategy in collaboration with country teams
- Knowledge and expertise in working with institutional donors including EC, DFID, SIDA and UN agencies
- Significant and proven experience of successful bid leadership across development and/or humanitarian grants
- Communication and networking skills for relationship building and facilitation in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to facilitate, maintain and manage good working relationships between staff, volunteers, partners, and donors.
- Ability to work on short-term assignments with tight deadlines while managing multiple projects
Closing Date: 19th September 2021