£34k - 40k per year
020 7820 7320
6 days ago
12 Months, 1 Day
I am delighted to be working with an international development organisation in search of a Programme Manager (Maternity Cover). As Programme Manager you are responsible for the effective and efficient project management of long- and short-term projects for a variety of clients. Under the guidance of the Team Leader or Project Lead you will work closely with other departments and project teams to enable projects to be carried out on time and to budget and within quality standards of delivery. You will report to the Team Leader and will be based either in the UK or in Kenya, with some potential overseas and national travel. Please note this is a FTC for 12 months.
- Under the leadership of the Team Leader / Project Lead contributing to the strategic planning and monitoring of the designated projects, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate.
- Maintaining and managing an assessment of risks to the programme's successful outcome. Appropriately escalating risks, including, but not limited to quality delivery, financial, security and safeguarding risks, to senior members of the programmes department.
- Liaising with clients, implementing agencies and other relevant individuals and organisations as required and ensure excellent relations are maintained.
- Supporting the Team Leader / Project lead in organisational reporting including support to producing monthly programme delivery reports for Programme Delivery Group meetings
- Managing and support effective communication and cooperation among partners, subcontractors and colleagues
- Line management of Assistant Programme Managers or Programme Assistants as required.
- Support the operational aspects of delivery on the project as required.
- Work with the UK Finance Team on all aspects of financial management related to long and short term projects and programmes, and contribute to the monthly management accounts, annual audit and budgeting process, and regular budgeting and re-forecasting.
- Managing the commercial aspects of contracts.
- Ensuring compliance with the terms of the head contract
- Significant experience of working in international development at Programme Management level
- Extensive experience of the development and implementation of programmes
- Experience in distance management of relations between a head office and an internationally based team
- Experience working in resource constrained settings and low and middle income countries
- Experience of close working relationships with partners and consortia
- Experience of contracts and contracting
- Experience in delivering and managing commercial contracts
- Experience of networking to build successful relationships with potential clients, collaborators and consultants
- Experience in fundraising/business development
Applications are being reviewed and interviews arranged on a rolling basis.
If you would like to receive the full job description for this role, with details on how to apply, please contact Shweta Prabhakar: email@example.com