£32k per year + benefits
020 7820 7310
over 1 year ago
Harris Hill are proud to be working alongside an international NGO working tirelessly to protect the human rights of disenfranchised people all around the world. We are looking for an ambitious, internationally experienced Project Accountant.
This is a fixed term position until March 2020
(please note we are keen to recruit a French speaker due to the regions you will be working in).
The Salary is 32,000 per annum.
- Shared responsibility of country projects
- Working in collaboration with staff to manage donor funds
- Developing budgets
- Developing and approving reporting templates, procedural tools to monitor grant expenditure
- Preparing financial reports
- Reviewing and approving funds requests
You will working in close collaboration with the in-country project teams to enable them to:
- Set up systems and policies for managing donor funds
- Ensure accurate reports and audits are delivered within deadlines
- Build capacity so they are able to manage their project finances
Provide support to country teams remotely and through in person visits, including:
- Project initiation visits to approximately 7 country teams during first 6 months of the project
- Support visits to approximately 5 country teams each year
- Emergency support visits if required
- Ensuring all grants received are recorded in accordance with donor requirements
- Maintenance of month-end procedures for accounts and audit purposes.
- To ensure all accounting records within the organisation are maintained.
- To ensure that all data is maintained.
- All aspects of the Purchase/Sales ledgers processing, Cashbook & General ledger, including invoices generation and periodic supplier's statement reconciliation.
- Maintenance data entry into financial system.
- All aspects of reconciliation of banks accounts.
- Project updates including Monthly financial project reports.
- Dealing with any finance related queries from suppliers, countries and departmental heads.
- Preparing and submission of quarterly VAT returns.
1) have experience of international project finance support within Charity / NGO
2) have knowledge of international project budget development
3) be willing to travel internationally on a frequent basis
4) be part qualified (ACCA,CIMA or equivalent)
It will be a bonus if you can speak French.
This is a genuinely exciting opportunity for an internationally experienced accountant with first class communication skills...Good Luck!