£30k - 35k per year + .
020 7820 7310
over 1 year ago
Harris Hill are proud to looking for a Finance Officer to work with an environmental organisation who investigate and campaign against ecological crime and abuse.
This fascinating & interesting organisation goes undercover to investigate and expose global wildlife crime. They focus on numerous issues including elephants, tigers and environmental crimes such as illegal logging and deforestation.
They also work to safeguard global marine ecosystems by addressing the threats posed by plastic pollution and the commercial exploitation of the planet.
The campaign for the reduction of greenhouse gases is another issue high on their agenda.
The successful candidate will work on projects reporting into the Head of Finance and will work closely with other departments.
This role is mainly project driven and you will be responsible for providing accurate project information, generating detailed financial reports and budgets, quarterly and yearly claims, variance analysis, forecasting, strategic planning, and providing administrative support to institutional donors.
The successful candidate will have experience of:
- working on projects funded by the Department for International Development (DfID), Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (Defra), European Union and other statutory and institutional funders and have knowledge of their reporting and budgeting systems
- working on international projects within developing countries
- preparation of management financial reports
- preparation of financial records for audit
- liaising with auditors regarding project audits
- strong knowledge and experience of dealing with different currencies for accurate reporting
- accounting software (Sage Line 50)
- intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- strong communication skills
- ability to build good working relationships with project teams and partners at a range of levels