£45k - 50k per year
020 7820 7310
over 1 year ago
Are you an experienced and Qualified Financial Accountant looking to take on a new challenge? How would you feel if you were part of an amazing charity based in central London that has a wide-reaching impact on hundreds of lives?
Are you currently comfortable in a busy environment but now you are looking for the satisfaction knowing your work helps real people?
This is a great opportunity to work alongside a renowned and respected charity who are looking for Qualified Accountant to be their Financial Statutory Reporting & Compliance Manager ensuring the overall financial compliance of this inspiring charity.
We're looking for someone who is continually wanting to improve, challenge and grow while helping others to understand financial reporting as well as being the finance lead across multiple charity projects.
About the Finance Team
The finance team you will be joining are an inspired and friendly bunch. They have worked hard to maintain a culture of inclusiveness and togetherness between them and the wider departments of the charity. For this reason we cannot emphasise enough the importance of having excellent communication/relationship building skills.
This is also an exciting time to join the Finance team because they have ambitious plans in terms of making substantial enhancements to improve the financial performance of the charity by increasing the transparency & understanding of financial metrics and KPI's.
We will assume if you are applying for this role you have impressive communication skills with proven experience and a talent to lead the year-end functions as well as investigating & explaining complex financial matter to your non-finance colleagues.
Specifically, you will have proven experience:
- preparation of statutory accounts & audit
- tax compliance including VAT & Corporate tax
The ideal candidate
Will also have proven experience of:
- Managing internal audit and risk management
- Agresso and / or Salesforce (desirable)
- Working with a charity or non-profit
- Fully Qualified (CCAB or CIMA or equivalent)
- Commercial mind-set to help to maximise the charity's contribution to the foundation
- Excellent leadership, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Solid experience of having prepared Financial Statements for multiple entities
- Strong background in preparation of VAT and Corporation tax returns
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a proactive and collaborative approach
- High attention to detail
- Ability to effectively translate financial information and processes for non-financial personnel, at all levels in the organisation
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Self-motivated and a real passion for continuous improvement in ways of working; comfortable to question and challenge
- Knowledge of Gift Aid
- Previous experience of Agresso (desirable)
- Knowledge of Salesforce (desirable)
- Previous charity finance experience