£35k - 39k per year
020 7820 7305
16 days ago
Fantastic Regional PR Manager opportunity, working as part of fast-paced and collaborative team for a well-known and loved animal charity!
You will lead a team of three Regional PR Officers and be responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive communication activities. The role will see you based in London, as well as in your own region.
You will contribute to the day to day running of the charity's press office and play an active role in achieving the aims and objectives of the Communications and Digital team in line with the strategy, which plays a central role at the charity.
The charity are looking for someone who is passionate, instinctive and driven.
In this role you will be:
- Proactive in managing reactive media enquiries, researching and preparing statements for approval, briefing spokespeople, co-ordinating and attending media visits.
- Proactive in generating media coverage in the region looking after Basildon, Canterbury, Harefield, Snetterton, Newbury and Shoreham rehoming centres.
- Assist the London team with the implementation of nationwide, integrated communications campaigns in line with the Marcomms strategy.
- Responsible for keeping on top of trends across all media and be proactive in suggesting how these trends can be used to highlight the charity s key areas of work.
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrable PR experience at a regional level developing a sustained groundswell of media coverage.
- Management experience desirable
- Experience of working in a busy communications team with a press office function.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with good attention to detail.
- Proven ability to make things happen with an innate sense of urgency and ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Working knowledge of assisting with crisis management for a large organisation.
Please note, there will be frequent requirement to travel and occasional overnight stays. You will need to hold a valid UK manual driver s licence is essential due to travel around the region.
Location: 1 day in Angel, London. 4 days at a centre region (Harefield, Basildon, Canterbury, Shoreham, Snetterton or Newbury).
Salary: £35,000- £39,000
Please e-mail your CV to Hanah.firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
Application Closing Date is Thursday 18th April 9.00am, but please get in touch ASAP to avoid disappointment.