£35k per year
020 7820 7310
9 days ago
Do you have experience with Safeguarding & Wellbeing?
Are you passionate about international development?
If yes, why not use your skills to support sustainable programmes which help marginalised people in Asia & Africa.
Harris Hill are extremely proud to be working with an amazing international charity looking for a Safeguarding & Inner Wellbeing Advisor. They would like you to help them create a safe space for their staff and volunteers within the communities work.
They are an international charity who are pioneers in their field. They are helping to bring awareness to health issues and eradicate certain forms of disease around the world. As a leading international Christian organisation, they work in several countries across Africa and Asia to defeat disease and transform lives.
They focus on raising funds, research & innovate, and support their partners in the regions they work to strengthen health systems. They also provide life-changing health care services offering skills training and opportunities for those who have been excluded and rejected by society.
As the successful candidate, you will have a passion for safeguarding, you will be self-motivated with excellent communication skills and a desire to influence and coach others.
We will assume you will have experience of working with children or vulnerable adults with direct responsibility for safeguarding or have worked in the field of mental health, preferably in an international NGO setting.
In addition, you will have a relevant degree or professional qualification in either Human Resource Management, Development, Global Health, Mental Health, Education, Child Development, or equivalent work experience. You will be joining a skilled and diverse team, with a culture of growing and learning together.
You will be responsible for the safeguarding aspects of local programmes, as well as supporting the development of the teams in different regions.
You will also have the opportunity to travel overseas for up to 8 weeks per year, to undertake training and provide advice to local offices. Naturally, you will be required to undertake a basic DBS check.
You will be responsible for:
- Safe Programmes
- Safe People
- Policy and Strategy
- Case Management
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Inner Wellbeing
Qualifications & Skills
- Relevant degree or professional qualification (ideally in Human Resource Management, Development, Global Health, Mental Health, Education, Child - Development or another relevant discipline) or equivalent work experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of safeguarding issues (including legal frameworks, policy, and best practice ideally in an international environment).
- Knowledge of international development (or international partnerships & international grant management)
- Knowledge of mental health (including good practice in promoting, delivering and evaluating mental health/inner wellbeing)
- Knowledge of monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Proven ability to develop and implement strategies (policy guidelines, practice guidance and other tools to support safeguarding)
-The ability to develop and maintain working relationships and to work in a collaborative manner
- Excellent IT skills (PowerPoint, MS Office etc)
Desirable Skill & Experience
- French or Portuguese speaker
- Experience of living or working in a developing country
- Good understanding of the safeguarding needs of children & vulnerable adults with disabilities
Flexiblible working is an option.
Please note: This is a Christian charity, so empathy with Christian values and the ethos of the organisation is an essential part of the role.