£50k per year
over 1 year ago
Harris Hill are recruiting for the Senior Finance & Operations Manager on a 6 month fixed term contract for this Environmental Charity based in London
- The position is to start in Early/Mid-January
- Salary 50,000pa Pro Rata
- This is a 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
This is a crucial role within a small but impactful organisation, reporting directly to the Director of Membership & Operations and with a close working relationships across the Senior Management Team.
The Senior Finance & Operations Manager is responsible for developing the charities financial budgets, and delivering all aspects of financial management, reporting, and compliance. This role is critical to ensure that the charity retains strong financial controls and procedures and is able to adapt these to the changing needs of the organisation.
Financial Strategy & Management
- Support the financial strategy, ensuring cautious and appropriate financial planning and both short and long-term viability
- Taking a lead from the Director of Marketing & Operations, prepare an annual budget and regular forecasts.
- Produce timely monthly reports on the financial performance of the organisation, including monthly management accounts with current and forecasted P&L, cash flow and debtor lists.
- Provide financial input to individuals on the Senior Management and Leadership Teams to support their regular strategic planning, programme management, and KPI reporting processes.
- Support wider team members by ensuring they have accurate financial information to facilitate decision making.
- Ensure that financial procedures are maintained and complied with, and where necessary altered and adapted to changing needs
- Contribute to risk management processes and planning.
Financial Governance, Treasury and Operational responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with legal, statutory and Charity Commission requirements as they relate to the organisation and its ancillaries.
- Produce the statutory contents for the Trustees Annual Report and Accounts
- Review and manage the outsourced payroll function, ensuring PAYE, NI, Pension and all other regulatory requirements are met.
- Provide support to Director of Membership & Operations across various operational management matters including supply chain management, and contract preparations
- Manage the organisation's investments to maximise security, cash flow, financial return and where possible to ensure ethical investment - in line with the Treasury Policy
- Good relationship with external auditors
- Lead the annual audit process to ensure it is carried out effectively, completed in a reasonable timeframe
- Where necessary ensure the organisation meets any recommendations resulting from the audit findings as is most appropriate.
- CCAB qualified, with excellent accountancy, cash and budgetary management skills, and good knowledge of pension, treasury and investment management
- Minimum of 5 years experience of the financial management of a small organisation, preferably a charity.
- Strong management and organisational skills, as well as interpersonal and communication skills.
- A self-starter with independent judgement and work planning, also able to work well as part of a team