£50k - 60k per year
24 days ago
Harris Hill are recruiting for a Senior Finance Manager for this well-established Charitable Academic Membership Body based in London
Overall job purpose
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the post holder leads on the day-to-day running of the Finance Team, ensuring high quality and timely delivery of key activities, with effective internal controls in place.
The team are finance and financial systems developing the CRM system seeking consistent improvements in efficiency, effectiveness and accuracy of systems and data.
You will also be responsible for the complete and accurate processing of the payroll, pensions and the Management of sales ledger, purchase ledger/payments, cashiering, treasury and credit control functions of the Finance department.
Strong VAT accounting and reporting, ensuring returns are filed in accordance with VAT law are needed.
Knowledge, experience and skills
- Strong experience managing finance teams and IT.
- Strong financial accounting experience in the charity sector.
- Professional accounting qualification (CCAB, or equivalent) and evidence of ongoing CPD.
- Strong and technically up to date VAT skills ideally in a membership organisation and experience of partial exemption methods.
- Track record of successfully building strong working relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- High level of IT literacy and ability to analyse data and extract and use trends
- Good understanding of UK accounting standards, preferably including the Charities SORP.
- Evidence of treasury management experience.
- Ability to simplify and improve controls processes whilst still adhering to internal controls framework and prevention of fraud.
- Payroll/ pensions experience.