£30k - 33k per year
020 7820 7310
about 1 month ago
Harris Hill are proudly working with this Social Enterprise that empowers people to break the cycle of crime and/or addiction to move on with their lives. For years they have been working with people to build positive and productive lives, whatever their past.
Do you believe that anyone is capable of lasting change?
If you do and you are a Senior Finance Officer this could be the role for you. You be a part of the process that has supported many people to make positive changes and build productive lives with a job, family, friends and a sense of community.
Here's a great opportunity to be part of a fantastic Finance team who deal with a high volume of transactions within a fast paced environment.
If successful you will support the Financial Controller along with the rest of the finance team. The main purpose of this role is to ensure the accurate and timely oversight of a range of financial processes in accordance with the in-house financial procedures and controls.
Please note the role will be largely centred around the Sales Ledger.
Feel free to apply if you:
- have tip top communication skills (both written & verbal)
- have a natural ability to foster relationships and motivate others
- work well as part of a team, but also work by yourself and work effectively with little supervision
- are a clear thinker, who can effectively prioritise and manage workloads
The qualities we are looking for in the ideal candidate include:-
- drive and enthusiasm
- University graduate with a 2:1, A-Levels including maths (or equivalent)
- desire to follow a career path accountancy/audit/finance
- Highly numerically literate, intelligent, quick to grasp new concepts
- Knowledge and familiarity with debits and credits
- ‘Get up & Go’ this is an exciting time in the charities history (this is a great opportunity to learn and grow)
This is also a fantastic opportunity as a springboard to launch your career in the non-profit sector as training and support will be given.
Contract: 18 months with the potential for an extension.
You must be able to demonstrate:
- working with an electronic purchase order system (Sage 200 or similar package)
- a keen attention to detail
- integrity when checking regardless of the pressure or volume of work
- IT experience with different operational and database systems
- advanced Excel abilities
- experience of managing stakeholders
- passion and the ability to stay results orientated
- qualifications - preferably AAT/equivalent or looking to gain a finance qualification