£36k - 38k per year
020 7820 7311
about 2 months ago
Harris Hill is recruiting for a Financial Accountant for this environmental charity based in London.
- You will report to the Director of Finance and Resources and manage a Finance Assistant.
- Full Time position: 35 Hours a week
- Flexible working: 2 days a week is required in their London offices
- Salary: £36k- £38k (depending on experience)
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
- To provide support to the finance function of the organisation ensuring finance processes run smoothly and high standard of customer service is provided to our supporters, suppliers and customers, and members of the public.
- Responsibilities will include overseeing of purchase and sales ledgers for the charity and its trading subsidiary, performing weekly bank reconciliations, monthly control accounts and supporting budget holders with management accounts queries and budget.
- The post-holder will also be responsible for day-to-day management of the charity financial records, evaluating and managing risk, ensuing compliance with regulations, analysing financial data, monitor expenditure, coordinating the external audit processes and ensuring the accuracy of financial information.
- The post holder will prepare the draft year end statutory Financial Statements and ensure the implementation of proper internal controls, achieving the organisational targets.
- The post holder will also assist the Director of Finance with adhoc finance queries in matters relating to Payroll, VAT and Gift Aid claims submission to HMRC.
- CCAB or Part Qualified Accountant with Charity Finance experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Accounting system and experience of project management
- Experience of preparing VAT Return for Charities
- Experience in preparing year end reconciliations and preparing charity accounts for external audit
- Strong attention to detail and very analytical skills