£49k per year
020 7820 7332
3 months ago
Harris are very pleased to be working with one of the UK’s leading veterans charity.
The post-holder will be responsible for managing both the Major Donor and the Trust teams. The current Trust manager has been in post for many years and the fundraising stream is running well however the organisation is now looking to boost their Major Donor fundraising and would love for an experienced fundraiser to come on board to lead on both the strategic side but also to get hands-on with the stewardship of donors.
- Work with Head of Income Generation to recruit, develop and manage a highly effective team
- With the Head of Income Generation, work to deliver the high value giving aspect of the engagement strategy with accountability for operationalising the Major Donor strand
- Implement and further develop the 5 -year plan to win support from Major Donors and Trusts
- Manage a personal portfolio of Major Donors, Trusts, Foundation and prospects and take responsibility for securing new business
- Develop the strategy for increasing the income through Trusts and Foundations particularly focusing on large lottery funding
- Monitor and evaluate all activity, seeking constant improvement
- The post holder will receive guidance on strategic direction but will have a high level of decision making
- Knowledge of high value/philanthropic giving theory and practice
- An advanced understanding of the motivations and requirements of high value donors
- Budget management
- Proven ability to engage colleagues on a day to day basis
- Major Donor and Trust fundraising at an advanced level, including relationship building
- Experience of managing a team to achieve financial targets
- Well-developed level of emotional intelligence
For more information about this vacancy and next steps please apply here and a consultant will be in touch to discuss further. Please kindly note, due to the volume of applications only candidates with suitable experience will be contacted.