£50k - 55k per year
020 7820 7302
4 months ago
Harris Hill is working with The Careers & Enterprise Company, the national body for careers education in England, to recruit a Senior Media and Communications Manager.
The Careers & Enterprise Company works with schools, colleges and businesses across the country, as well as government, to improve support for young people.
They are looking for a media professional to help them to communicate their impact, raise their profile as a thought leader, and proactively generate coverage around priority areas of work.
This role is part of an overall Strategy & Communications senior management team. You will lead media relations to land authoritative and engaging stories, using the diverse voices of our senior leaders (including our board) and partners.
Your excellent writing skills will help them to lead priority stakeholder communications, and support their research team to create reports about the organisation’s impact. You will help draft senior leader’s speeches, and support internal teams to help create and deliver an ambitious strategic communications plan. You will also be responsible for internal communications, line managing an internal communications manager.
You will need good judgement, superb writing skills and the ability to work at pace. You will have a winning communications style that helps you build relationships with people like the Chief Executive, partners and journalists, and acreativity to assemble stories into interesting, compelling pitches that get the attention of national, regional and sector journalists.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Led an organisation’s media work – this could be as a Head of Media, Senior Media Manager, Media Manager, Head of Communications, as a Media Advisor working alone or managing client work for an agency.
- Flawless, engaging writing skills, and ability to produce engaging content to tight deadlines.
- Experience building relationships with national journalists that leads to quality coverage.
- Experience of reputation management and managing sensitive issues.
- Experience of designing and delivering high impact communications strategies.
- A journalistic, enquiring mind and an excellent ability to identify and package up a story.
- Experience of working with and advising senior leaders.
- Experience of line management and delivering through others.
Salary £50,000- £55,000
Full-time, permanent role.
Hybrid working, with 2-3 days in Central London office.
For more information on this fantastic opportunity, please e-mail Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date- Monday 7th February 9.00am, please get in touch now to avoid disappointment
First round interviews- 14th and 15th Feb
Second round interviews- 21st and 22nd Feb