£25.5k per year
020 7820 7305
over 1 year ago
On behalf of a health focused charity, based in Bristol, I am keen to speak to a Senior Media Officer who will develop and implement media plans at UK and global levels. You will be driven by raising awareness of the charity and how they work with the public.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Build and manage relations with international, national and local media and use those contacts to generate publicity and exposure for charity s objectives and policy positions.
- Write and promote press releases.
- Manage all aspects of integrated media management across print, digital and social media channels.
- Manage an effective rapid response media process to maximise use of external opportunities.
- Act as the key day-to-day media contact in support of the Director of Communications, Advocacy and Support.
- Give prompt and effective media enquiries and reports about meningitis, including out of hours.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Substantial experience of media relations
- Experience of working in the charity and/or health sector.
- Track record of managing integrated multi-channel (including digital) campaigns
- Excellent project management skills, able to oversee multiple projects at the same time and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent understanding of media landscape in the UK
This is a 1 year maternity cover role, and you will join the charity at an exciting time as they expand their reach and impact.
The closing date for CV s is ASAP. They would like to interview in the next 1-2 weeks. Please e-mail your CV to Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.