£45k per year
020 7820 7328
4 months ago
A charity are looking for a Senior Volunteer Manager to be responsible for the development and driving delivery of a volunteering strategy to create significant income streams for the charity.
This is a home-based post and can be based anywhere within the UK with regular travel within your region of responsibility.
-To develop and apply a new volunteering strategy that drives significant income for the charity that will be delivered across all regional community teams.
-To monitor all financial income and expenditure targets for volunteer fundraising activity, reporting on all variance against budget and taking ultimate responsibility for achieving (and exceeding) income targets for a regional area and UK wide volunteer income
-To provide leadership, direction and management to a team
-Develop and allocate resources to support fundraisers in recruiting volunteers into a range of defined volunteer roles and fundraising groups.
-Work alongside the brand marketing team and internal volunteer steering groups to develop and maintain volunteer resources such as; policies, procedures, handbooks, induction packs and online material ordering systems.
-Work alongside the data and IT teams to help integrate the current central database for volunteers into our CRM
-Work alongside internal stakeholders, e.g. the national corporate team and retail team to drive a collaborative approach to volunteering, including responding to fundraising colleagues' enquiries and requests for information on volunteering
-Support Community Fundraisers and Retail in the retention of volunteers and fundraising groups, building stewardship plans in line with the charity's wider supporter journeys.
Skills and Experience required:
- Experience of working with volunteers and/or volunteer fundraising groups and a range of stakeholders
- Proven experience of designing tools and resources for volunteers and/or volunteer manager
- Proven experience of delivering income from volunteers
Excellent understanding of the community fundraising discipline and volunteering best practice and processes
- Knowledge of management issues relating to recruitment, retention, reward and transition of volunteers, including an understanding of, and empathy with, the motivations of current and potential donors, supporters and volunteers.
- Excellent inter-personal and presentation skills and ability to present complex proposition in a compelling way in both writing and in person.
- Excellent understanding of the principles of good customer care and the accountabilities of a charity to its donors, supporters and volunteers.
- An understanding of charity legislation, best practice guidelines and other regulatory requirements to charitable fundraising activity and to use this insight to apply the principles and practices of effective donor administration processes and fundraising data management.
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to build rapport and develop relationships with a variety of people.
- Ability to set, manage and monitor complex budgets and to track, analyse and report against results