£35k - 44k per year
020 7820 7305
10 months ago
Are you looking for a new opportunity where you can set and deliver a communications strategy for an organisation that are committed to driving forward environmental change?
Joining an amazing global initiative, you will work in partnership with established global organisations, and be given the tools and confidence to work autonomously and help implement the global, multi-channel communications strategy.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced communications professional looking to take their next step and join a dynamic and fast-growing charity, working on one of its flagship projects.
Suited to someone who is passionate about both communications and the environment, you will join a forward-thinking, energetic team, utilising your skills in strategic communications, media and content to make a difference.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading communications work for a range of campaigns and working closely with the Senior Communications Manager and Senior Content Manager.
- Develop and implement multi-channel communications strategies and plans for specific scientific targets based projects;
- Support with crafting and pitching stories to international media, as well as managing incoming press enquiries;
- Craft compelling stories and develop written content including blogs, op-eds, press releases, website and social media copy;
- Assist with the planning and creation of multimedia content;
- Manage monitoring and evaluation of cross-channel communications activity;
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience developing and implementing global, cross-channel communications strategies;
- Strong media relations experience, ideally with environmental and/or business press;
- Strong digital communications experience, with a solid understanding of best practice in website and social media communications;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- The ability to draft compelling copy for media releases, news publications, website, social media and other channels;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, and an ability to meet multiple deadlines;
- The ability to prioritise tasks effectively;
Desirable criteria (optional)
- Experience working with the private sector and/or on sustainability matters;
- Experience developing brand guidelines and branding strategies;
This is a full time role working remotely and reporting to the Senior Communications Manager. With option of working from the London office when restrictions allow.
This is a fixed-term contract ending 31 March 2022.
Salary and benefits: £35,000 - £44,000 per annum, 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, generous non-contributory pension provision, annual discretionary bonus (depending on company performance), Employee Assistance Programme, life assurance, Training and development, Flexible working opportunities and other benefits.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the UK.
How to apply:
Please email your CV to Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this fantastic role. We can then work to get an application together, ahead of the deadline of 0800 GMT on Monday 18 January 2021.
Please get in touch now to avoid disappointment. I look forward to hearing from you.