£33k - 35k per year
about 2 months ago
Harris Hill is thrilled to be assisting to recruit a new Development Associate based in London, for an amazing International Development Organisation.
Location: City of London
Salary: c. 33,000 - 35,000, organisation are flexible for the right candidate.
Contract: Permanent, Full Time contract
The Development Associate, Europe is an integral part of this organisation's European Development team. This position will report directly to the Senior Development Director, Europe and Africa who is based in London. The crux of the role is very similar to that of a Major Donor Fundraiser. The Development Associate Europe will play a key role in the implementation of the companies' fundraising throughout the UK and Europe, focusing on the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major donors and prospects.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Build a donor base currently delivering approximately 500k USD to raise a minimum of $1MM per year by managing a portfolio of 150-200 major donor prospects. This includes pipeline development, identifying new donors, renewing existing donors, and upgrading current donors at the $5,000-$50,000+ levels for annual, multi-year and legacy gifts.
- Using sound fundraising principles, develop donor engagement and cultivation strategies that utilise the expertise of key staff and leadership, and our communication tools and materials, with the goal of deepening donors' commitment to the organisation.
- Conduct initial exploratory meetings with prospects to determine capacity and interest in supporting the organisation at the major gift level.
- Support the work of the Senior Development Director as required, including managing high level events and senior leadership engagements in the region and more.
- Assist the Senior Development Director in stewardship of the Europe Regional Advisory Board.
- Aid the organisation of the annual London Wine Tasting Dinner including: development of gala fundraising strategy, soliciting current donors and prospective donors to secure tickets and tables, securing pre-committed funds to the event, securing auction prizes and other duties as necessary, working closely with the Events and Chapters Associate who manages all events in the market.
- Collaborate with other Development team members including the Marketing and Communications team and the Corporate and Trusts Associate as to maximise opportunities for building a pipeline.
In order to apply for this position, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5+ years professional fundraising experience in a fast-paced, growth-oriented organisation with proven experience in cultivating donors and securing five-figure and higher donations
- Ability to design, implement, and direct fundraising initiatives, including individualised cultivation, solicitation, and recognition strategies
- History of dedicated volunteer activity and/or commitment to non-profit organisations
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office applications
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, particularly presentation skills
- Highly organised, detail oriented, and self-motivated
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and take initiative
- Willingness to travel.
If you would like to receive a full job specification for this role or have a confidential conversation, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ruaidhri at Harris Hill on 0207 820 7312.
Closing date for applications: ASAP with applications reviewed as and when
If you have these skills then please send me your up to date CV and a supporting statement. Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted with further information.