£28k - 33k per year
020 7820 7332
about 1 year ago
Harris Hill are delighted to be working with “the most important theatre in East London” (Time Out).
Founded in 2011, The Yard Theatre is one of London’s most exciting theatres and is growing at an exponential rate with its latest rendition of The Crucible boasting top reviews. The Yard also encompasses Hub67 and The Hall, two fantastic community centres that support the local communities of Hackney Wick and Stratford.
They are now searching for an enthusiastic and proactive Development Manager to join the team to bolster their already successful fundraising efforts. The successful candidate will be responsible for building the Major Donor and Corporate fundraising whilst also overseeing Trusts & Foundations.
- Work with the Executive Director to create and implement a Development Strategy to meet the needs of the organisation.
- Work with the Artistic Director, Executive Director and Board to build a consistent and compelling case for support for The Yard.
- Grow The Yard’s high-level supporters, working with key stakeholders to identify new prospects, leading stewardship of donors and ensuring continued engagement with the organisation and our work.
- Always look for ways to improve the organisation and actively feedback constructive ideas
- Line management of the Development Officer
- Support the Development Officer to deliver the Development Strategy and meet Trusts & Foundations targets and deadlines.
- Build links with corporate prospects, and identify a case for support that meets their objectives and delivers The Yard’s fundraising targets.
- Significant experience of managing and developing high profile relationships and soliciting funds
- Experience of devising, delivering, and monitoring fundraising strategies
- Experience of budget control and management
- Excellent communicator with the ability to engage with a range of stakeholders
- Experience of researching trusts and grant-making organisations
- An energetic and self-motivated approach to work
- An interest in, and understanding of the theatre industry
If this sounds like you or you would like to find out more then please do not hesitate to submit an up to date CV and a short covering letter outlining why you are interested in working for this organisation. Closing date midnight, Thursday 2nd May.
We aim to get back to you within 2 working days however please note that due to the high volume of candidates not all applications will be responded to.