Senior Consultant - Fundraising
Harris Hill are delighted to be working with The National Galleries of Scotland in Edinburgh to recruit their new Development Manager. This is a wonderful opportunity for an experienced relationship fundraiser with an enthusiasm for the arts to support continued development and delivery of a successful Patrons and Individual Giving strategy at a very exciting time for this organisaton.
This varied programme will raise major gifts from Patrons, Individual Giving sources and corporate sponsors to support exhibitions, learning and engagement, capital campaigns, conservation, and acquisitions. This fundraised income will support, among many other projects, the development of a project to deliver a sustainable new facility to care for, research and share Scotland’s renowned national art collection.
Some of your key responsibilities will include;
- Managing and developing a portfolio of individual prospects, identifying, cultivating and leading on approaches to solicit major gifts for capital campaigns, public programme and other projects
- Considered management of individual major donor relations, ensuring exceptional stewardship at all times
- Be responsible for the preparation of presentations and proposals to secure support from individuals for our public programme and capital campaigns.
- Working with senior colleagues to develop and deliver Patrons cultivation event programme
- Developing innovative ways of maximising donations from visitors across all sites.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a combination of;
- Experience of developing and sustaining a portfolio of high net worth prospects, resulting in five figure gifts
- Experience of delivering membership programmes and working with Patrons.
- have an ability to exert influence with diplomacy and a track record of inspiring donors to support a cause.
- A strong track record of devising and delivering cultivation events.
- Knowledge of the UK arts and cultural sector.
- Well connected with advanced networking skills.
There is a salary on offer in the range £42,521 - £47,587 dependent on experience.
This is a full time, hybrid role with good flexibility available.
You can work from a central hub in Edinburgh 2 days per week.
Benefits include 36.5 days annual leave and very generous pension contributions.
Please note the closing date for applications is 9am Monday 25th March. For more information about this position and next steps please apply here now or contact Hayley at Harris Hill on 02078207306.
Harris Hill Charities Recruitment Specialists operates an equal opportunity policy and commits to treating all of our candidates and jobseekers fairly. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.