£70k per year
020 7820 7305
2 months ago
Are you a senior communications professional looking for a diverse management role? Do you want to work for a fast-paced, values-driven organisation?
Based in Oxford, there is a brilliant opportunity to work for a policy driven organisation who work internationally.
As Head of Communications and Marketing, in a 12-month fixed-term maternity leave cover position, you will lead the global communications and marketing function. Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, you will be responsible for overseeing and safeguarding brand position and reputation within its markets, managing the team's delivery of content, publications, digital marketing, and internal communications support to the business.
A background either in international development, policy driven change, or understanding of how policy works overseas would be extremely beneficial for this role.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Leading the Communications and Marketing team, managing five team members in the delivery of their roles and fostering a positive team culture
- Responsible for the editorial direction and delivery of content marketing and thought leadership activities to position us as an expert voice in the international development sector.
- Supporting effective internal communications
- Overseeing the delivery of marketing
- Overseeing the Communications and Marketing team's budget
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Substantial experience of managing and developing communications, press, publicity, branding and/or marketing functions, understanding good team and line management.
- Experience in delivery of a thought leadership and/or content marketing pipeline, understanding a campaigns-based approach
- Demonstrable experience of managing reputational issues, with ability to advise and support senior leaders, manage media relations, and oversee a crisis communications response.
- Exceptional influencing and communication skills, with demonstrable experience in working with senior stakeholders, building credibility and trust.
- Highly self-motivated, able to manage a team independently and use own guidance, initiative, and good judgement in the execution of their role.
- Able to demonstrate company values of collaboration, mutual support, empowerment, integrity, accountability, trust, and respect.
The role is a 12-month contract position based in central Oxford.
Candidates must be available to start as soon as possible ideally in June or early July 2019.
This is a full-time position, although flexibility in working patterns can be discussed on application.
The charity offers a competitive salary, an excellent pension scheme, and 30 days' holiday.
Please e-mail your CV to Hannah.email@example.com ASAP for more information and to be considered for the role.
Please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.