£42k per year
020 7820 7327
over 1 year ago
6 Months, 1 Day
Interim Financial Controller
London; Full-Time; 6 month contract
£42,000 (pro rata)
Charity Finance Group (CFG) is the charity that inspires a financially confident, dynamic and trustworthy charity sector. We do this by championing best practice, nurturing leadership and influencing policy makers.
At CFG, we know how poor policy decisions and bad laws or regulations can be a significant drain on charity resources. Our work plays a vital role in shaping policy and influencing decision makers, helping to build a better operating environment for all charities.
We have a unique insight into the challenges that charities face through our consultation events and surveys. These give us the opportunity to engage with - and receive feedback from - hundreds of charities, making us a leading voice for charities on key finance issues.
Key themes that charities tell us about include The Apprenticeships Levy, Brexit, Gift Aid, Making Tax Digital, regulatory changes, and accounting changes. These are just some of the areas that we have worked on to ensure that the issues facing the charity sector are understood and accounted for by government.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Ensure accounts payable and payments procedures are followed
- Process all invoices in an efficient and timely manner
- Support budget holders to adhere to relevant policies and procedures
- Complete VAT return
- Prepare for and attend the Finance & Audit Committee and Board Meeting
- Deal with any SAP queries relating to finance
- Play and active part in budget preparation, working with SMT to plan effectively
- Complete lead schedule and the audit trial for the statutory accounts in line with the requirements of SORP and applicable accounting standards
- Prepare year end journals and consolidating adjustments
- Calculate estimated Gift Aid and Management Fees for Trading Board
Who we're looking for:
You'll be educated in a Finance discipline with an accounting qualification (AAT, ACCA, CIMA), be able to evidence that your technical financial accounting practical skills have been kept up to date and have experience of working in a membership organisation.
If you'd like to find out more or to apply, please contact Ashvin Luximon on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have the stated requirements then please apply to Harris Hill with your up to date CV. Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted with further information.