£38k - 40k per year
020 7820 7332
8 months ago
Harris Hill are excited to be working with a brilliant charity in their search for a Philanthropy Manager. If you love the outdoors and have extensive experience within Major Donor fundraising then this role could be perfect for you.
The successful candidate will be responsible for raising income through philanthropic fundraising. Identifying, cultivating and engaging philanthropy leads in order to achieve team targets of over £2m.
- To manage and grow a personal portfolio of major donor prospects, identifying new opportunities for funding from a range of donors, family foundations and other funders
- To develop compelling, well-written proposals, prioritising donors who can give upwards of £100k
- Focussing work to deliver the team's business plan
- Personal account management of appropriate portfolio of individuals
- Employ a variety of personal engagement mechanisms and communication tools to ensure that prospects and supporters become, and remain, fully engaged with the cause
- Ensure the highest standards of data are captured and maintained on the CARE database
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of the teams activities
- 3 direct reports
- A proven track record of delivering income against agreed targets and time scales
- Experience of developing ultra-high net worth relationships with philanthropists and people of influence
- Demonstrable success in soliciting new major gifts and uplifting current philanthropists
- Experience of working trustees/ non-executives
- Experience of creating successful bespoke proposals or asks for philanthropists, or other potential high value donors
- Working knowledge of the principles of high value/ major gift / philanthropy fundraising, including identification, research, solicitation and stewardship of donors
- Ability to analyse complex information and compile into concise, powerful and persuasive proposals
- Excellent IT skills, in particular Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and fundraising databases (CARE desirable)
If this role sounds like it could be for you then please do not hesitate to send in your CV.
Please note that due to the high number of potential candidates not all applicants will be responded to.