£34k - 39k per year
020 7820 7305
5 months ago
This is a newly created role suited to a comms specialist who shows initiative, has creative ideas and likes to push boundaries with their work. As a self-starter you will join the programme at an exciting time of growth, where a new strategy has been published, and workload has increased. The programme you will be joining is national lottery funded that provides funding for projects but most importantly builds community capacity, confidence and skills in the longer term. It provides maximum scope for communities to set their own priorities.
Your role will be to deepen existing relationships and develop new audiences. The senior communications officer supports the head of communications to ensure that we build effective relationships with the people who make the programme happen. These include residents, volunteers and workers in local areas, trusted organisations, delivery partners and reps.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead on delivering communications strategy and develop new ways to increase participation
- Ensure there is a flow of interesting and accessible news, stories, guidance and information across our digital and offline channels.
- Find compelling stories and storytellers
- Write and edit newsletter stories, web copy, blogs (internal and external) and guidance
- Be the point of contact for local and regional media enquiries about stories, and contribute to national media briefings and press releases.
Your previous experience:
- Experience of developing and delivering a broad programme of communications activities in collaboration with internal teams and external partners.
- Experience of building and nurturing active and engaged online communities.
- Experience of commissioning engaging content, writing briefs and delivering multiple creative projects, including print, film, photography and other media
- Experience of writing press releases
You will be joining a team of enthusiastic and supportive professionals, who care about their work. It is a great atmosphere as there is a genuine buzz and momentum about what they are doing. You will get to see the impact that the programme is making on the ground, as well as the extent to which our ideas and learning are influencing policy and practice nationally.
“Unlike many organisations, our communications are not driven by fundraising or brand building. Instead our funding model allows us to focus on supporting communities and sharing learning from the programme to influence wider change. With growing political interest in levelling-up society, we believe there is an opportunity to shift power and resources to communities. We are in a unique position to demonstrate the value of this approach and win support for it”.
Based in London
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity please e-mail me Hannah.email@example.com I’d love to tell you more about this fantastic opportunity!
Closing date Monday 5th October 8.00am CV and supporting statement.