£30,328 - 33,328 per year
020 7820 7305
about 1 year ago
Looking to speak to a creative Senior Media and PR Officer to join a small but impactful communications team. You will use your media and publicity skills to deliver high-quality media coverage to support key funding partners. Additionally, you will be responsible for developing deeper relationships with regional media outlets.
The role is varied and exciting. You will need to be a team-player, willing to work collaboratively with colleagues across Communications, and Fundraising, sharing your ideas, experience and expertise. You will also be able to inspire and build great relationship with our external funders and stakeholders
You will get to know the charity’s corporate funders, build relationships with them and find press stories and opportunities for them.
- Plan, manage and deliver a range of proactive and reactive News and PR, for our funding partners: These will be delivered across broadcast, print and social media
- Deliver a range of PR content for our funding partners, including web copy and approved quotes
- Communicate with journalists, responding to queries and pitching story ideas
- With support from the Senior Communications and Marketing Manager, develop and implement a plan to build closer relationships with regional journalists, editors and influencers.
- Develop a regional news strategy to be included within a broader Media and Communications Strategy.
- Identify and coordinate creative approaches to show the impact of the work of the charity, including effective use of case studies, and increasing our profile in consumer media.
- Brief and advise spokespeople preparing them for interviews.
- Develop a bank of case studies with consent in place for media work.
The ideal candidate:
- Proven experience in a media, or public relations role
- Demonstrable experience of working proactively with journalists
- Demonstrable success in delivering national and regional media coverage for client or organisation.
- Ability to identify, write and edit engaging stories
- Ability to pitch stories and get buy in
Location- Flexible (Home working) with travel across the UK as and when required. At present most staff are working from home.
Contract- 12 month FTC
Salary- £30,328 per annum (plus £3,000 ILW per annum if applicable)
To apply and for more information, please e-mail me your CV to Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org Please get in touch ahead of Friday 8th January, as this is the firm closing date.