£30k - 32k per year
020 7820 7305
over 1 year ago
I am thrilled to be working with this health focused charity again, as they look to hire a confident and articulate communications specialist. The charity is a pioneering organisation which champions scientific research from around the world on cancer. You will be responsible for delivering the charity’s profile-raising activities, through generating high quality media coverage and providing editorial and PR support – particularly for the Research and Policy teams.
You will easily be able to take complex information and translate it into impactful, easy to digest copy. You will be able to conceive, implement and evaluate communications projects from start to finish.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To develop and deliver media relations, including preparing and promoting press releases; identifying and building relationships with relevant journalists and influencers; responding to breaking news stories with timely comments, and pitching features.
- You will support the work of both UK and International teams, working particularly closely with the Science and Policy teams and acting as the team lead in this area.
- You will identify opportunities for proactive research communications projects, communicating creatively and engagingly about scientific research to our supporters and the public.
What/who we are looking for:
- Background/relevant experience in Science, Medical or Health communications
- Ability to take complex information and translate it into impactful, easy to digest copy
- A keen news sense and understanding of what makes a good story
- Strong attention to detail, with excellent written English
- Ability to quickly build strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels
Salary: £30,000-£32,000 dependent on experience, plus benefits
Full time – 37.5 hours a week
Closing date for full applications: Sunday 3rd January 2021. Therefore, please e-mail me your CV now to start a conversation, so we can get an application together ahead of the closing date. Please e-mail me Hannah.email@example.com or call me 02078207305 for more info.
I look forward to hearing from you.